TAUGHT BY: Class of Public Wellness
Duration regarding the program with a full-time research load. Learning part-time shall extend the timeframe of one’s program.
If length is certainly not available (N/A) the providing might participate a bigger course.
This program was created to give you expert understanding and abilities into the part of sexology. You certainly will examine research that is recent relates to the biological, mental and social components of peoples sexuality, and you may additionally learn different research practices.
You will end up supplied with a background that is comprehensive sexology, an in-depth report on intimate and reproductive general public medical issues, an introduction to forensic sexology, and a chance to explore sexology from social views. Furthermore, you certainly will review your attitudes and values in an environment that is sex-positive.
Take note: Media product of a intimately visual nature is utilised in this program.
Please relate to the handbook for extra program overview information.
That which you’ll discover
- apply maxims and principles of sexology along with other disciplines that are associated as general general general public wellness, biology, behavioural sciences, ethics together with legislation to research and practice
- interpret and critically analyse topics and dilemmas highly relevant to sexology; think artistically to build revolutionary answers to market healthy sexuality that is human
- access, evaluate and synthesise appropriate information to the practice of sexology; demonstrate skills in ethical thinking
- talk to experts and community people to market sexology utilizing effective written and communication that is oral improve sexology research into the systematic community utilizing effective types of interaction
- effectively utilize new and existing technologies to gather information, analyse information and communicate; accumulate and manage information ethically and effectively
- demonstrate cap ability in interdependent and learning that is self-directed professional development in neuro-scientific sexology
- recognise thereby applying perspectives that are international maxims to sexology
- demonstrate understanding and respect for specific peoples liberties and social variety
- work skillfully and ethically across a variety of settings; show a level that is advanced of and leadership
Why research Graduate Diploma in Sexology
- Integrate understanding of the biological, social and psychological facets of peoples sex into the professional control.
- This program keeps exemplary affiliations that are professional. They attract neighborhood, interstate and students that are international ensuring greater networking possibilities beyond Perth and Australia.
- Our sexology system had been awarded the prestigious World Association for Sexual wellness ‘Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education’ for 2007. This will be just granted every couple of years and it is extremely competitive along with programs around the globe entitled to use. Curtin had been the very first college to win this honor.
Upon graduation maybe you are entitled to membership associated with community of Australian Sexologists www.mail-order-bride.biz/indian-brides (SAS), which can be a known user regarding the World Association for Sexual wellness. You may obtain an expert title as being a Psychosexual Therapist and/or Sexuality Educator from SAS after conclusion of guidance demands. Demands for such games far away vary.
Our graduates established professions in several areas, including:
- intercourse therapy, training, consultancy and research
- son or daughter and elder protection
- intimate wellness policy development
- peoples liberties
- cyber-safety training
- health advertising
- youth work
- medical and danger management
- forensic evaluation.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand pupils
Australia / Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
A degree that is recognised one of several wellness occupations, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, training, behavioural sciences, including sociology, anthropology or biological sciences or associated areas.
You’ll also have to offer additional information with the job.
Curtin calls for all candidates to show proficiency in English. Particular English needs with this program are as outlined within the IELTS dining table below. More information on what you’ll meet with the English requirement can be located from the English proficiency web page.
|IELTS Academic (Overseas English Language Testing System)|
|general band rating||7.0|
Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
Certification in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Crucial program prerequisites
A bachelor level in a expert wellness industry, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, training, biological sciences or behavioural sciences, including sociology or anthropology.
You will need to submit additional information with the job.
If you should be learning in Australia for a pupil visa, you need to learn on-campus and full-time.
Other needs and records because of this program
The mid-year consumption is part-time research just. This can extend this course timeframe. Mid-year consumption just isn’t open to students that are international.
Aside from the admission that is course-specific in the above list, please read our basic admission requirements. Our basic admission criteria connect with all courses at Curtin University.
Advanced standing credit that is / recognition of previous learning
Australia / New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s scholarly research journey happens to be various.
You may have previously studied a number of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program, or perhaps you could have work experience that fits the amount needs.
If this relates to you, you can easily make an application for credit for recognised learning (CRL), this means your past research is recognised and compared to an unit that is similar your intended Curtin program.
A effective CRL application exempts you from needing to finish particular devices in your program and means you might complete your level in a faster length of time.
CRL can also be called recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Utilize the CRL search to discover just how much CRL you be eligible for, or call us at:
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 1300 222 888
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s research journey was various.
You may possibly have currently examined a number of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program at another academic organization, or you might have work experience that matches their education requirements.
A CRL that is successful application you against needing to finish particular devices in your course and means you might complete your level in a reduced period of time.
CRL can be referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to learn just exactly how much CRL you be eligible for a, or contact us at: